Saturday, May 21, 2011

Vegas > Me


Sorry this post is out of sequence.  We have left Vegas for 3 weeks now, but I have to make up for some lost time!!

VEGASSSSS - yeah I'm definitely excited to be back to the Flossy Flossy.  The last trip was way too short - I didn't even get to enjoy the pool.  Well, I'm definitely setting that straight this time around and making sure that I get my tan back on after the 10 days of freezing Chicago weather practically melted all of it off.   It's not going to be difficult with a pool like this!

Some highlights from the trip:

  •   Going to see the Jabbawockeez - they were awesome!!!  I've been wanting to go ever since my last trip when I found out that they performed at the Monte Carlo.  If you're in Vegas - make this a stop for sure.  Electric choreography, great infusion of comedy and audience participation, hopping beats, this show has it all.  I also love that they are representing Asians out there on the Big Stage!!  If you think that their masks look creepy, their philosophy about them is bang on - it stops you from picking out a favorite in the crowd and only focusing on one dancer.  Instead, you are compelled to enjoy the whole of the dance.  Very gestalt.  But still, I would still rate Cirque Du Soleil's "Ka" higher - I don't think I've ever seen any set more intricately designed or eye-bogglingly spectacular. 

  •   Getting to play beer-pong with Marco's bosses.  VPs and Directors of a fourtune 500 company going at it in their dress shirts and suit pants.  Enough said. 





  • The fountain at the Bellagio is just amazing.  I don't think I'll ever get tired of standing out there, enjoying the swell of the music and the breezy droplets that mist the warm desert air.   The best things in life CAN be free!  





  • I didn't get to walk around and enjoy many hotels last time at all, so this time we made sure to make up for lost time.  My favorites are the Bellagio and the Aria at the City Center.  Both were incredibly different; the Bellagio is classic and stately, with incredible floral decorations, whereas the Aria is a tour-de-force of futuristic angles, lights and colors. 















  • Finally, a note about the gambling.  It all started wonderfully well at the airport, where I actually won money at the Slot-machines, which according to my friend, is "money-vomit."  However, riding on this wave of victory, I saw my demise as the slots at the hotel basically ate up all of my dollar bills, and then, ten dollar, and then twenty dollar bill as well.  Sigh.  So we decided to try out hand at Craps, which usually has the best odds in Vegas.  However, it was $20 a bet and in under 10 minutes, $100 also melted away.  It was only across the street at O'Sheas did we manage to win a respectable amount of our lost money back.  Screw you, Vegas!!! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment